Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy
If you’re suffering from dizziness, vertigo or imbalance as a result of a viral infection, sports-related injury, inner ear disorder, neurological disorder or head injury or and you’re searching for relief, you may benefit from vestibular rehabilitation.
Using evidence-based assessment and treatment techniques, our knowledgeable and experienced healthcare providers can help you return to your normal activities sooner. Our experienced physiotherapist will complete an assessment and develop an individualized treatment plan that is designed around your specific needs and goals for the best possible outcome of your rehab and ongoing education.
We will work closely with you to progressively improve your cognitive-mental and physical functions and adjust treatment as needed for optimal results.
Your personalized assessment may include:
- Dizziness/headache questionnaire
- Positional movement testing
- Posture analysis
- Joint range of motion measurement
- Balance testing in sitting and standing
- Patterns of movement evaluation
- Gait assessment
- Fall risk assessment
- Medical history as it pertains to the condition
- Neurological screening including coordination, sensation and proprioception
Treatments may include:
- Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (PPV) maneuver.
- Habitual exercises
- Balance retraining
- Gait retraining
- Adaptation exercises (eye-hand coordination exercises)
Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy (VRT) Evidence has shown that vestibular rehabilitation can be effective in improving symptoms related to many vestibular (inner ear/balance) disorders including vertigo, dizziness, visual disturbance, and/or imbalance.